Chocolate Cherry Cookies
Makes: 20 cookies
* 1 pkg (8 oz.) sugar-free low fat chocolate cake mix
* 3 tablespoons fat-free (skim) milk
* 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
* 10 maraschino cherries, rinsed, drained & cut into halves
* 2 tablespoons white chocolate chips
* 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
2. Beat cake mix, milk and almond extract in a medium bowl with electric mixer at low speed. Increase speed to medium when mixture looks crumbly; beat 2 minutes or until smooth dough forms. (Note: Dough will be very sticky.)
3. Coat hands with cooking spray. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place balls 2 1/2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Flatten each ball slightly. Place cherry half in center of each cookie.
4. Bake 8 to 9 minutes or until cookies lose their shininess and tops begin to crack. Do not overbake. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
5. Heat white chocolate chips and oil in small saucepan over very low heat until chips melt. Drizzle cookies with melted chips. Allow drizzle to set before serving.