* Apricot-Glazed Duck Breasts
* Blue Cheese Chicken Burgers Favourites (2008)
* Braised Veal Shanks with Polenta
* Chicken Parmesan
* Classic Cuban Sandwiches
* Confetti-Topped Mussels
* Creamy Pesto Primavera
* Eggplant Spaghetti
* Ham & Cheese Cellentani
* Lamb Burgers with Feta-Cucumber Raita
* Pesto and Goat Cheese Pizza
Blue Cheese Chicken Burgers Favourites (2008)
(PointsPlus™ Value: 8)
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 10 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy
These burgers are Buffalo chicken wing knock-offs. They're brushed with a spicy BBQ sauce and then topped with crumbled blue cheese. Amazing flavour.
* 2 spray(s) cooking spray
* 1/4 cup(s) barbecue sauce
* 1 1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce, or to taste
* 1 pound(s) uncooked extra lean ground chicken breast
* 1/2 cup(s) scallion(s), sliced
* 1/4 cup(s) celery, chopped
* 1/4 cup(s) dried bread crumbs, plain-variety
* 2 tsp minced garlic
* 1/2 tsp table salt
* 4 item(s) mixed-grain hamburger roll(s)
* 2 cup(s) romaine lettuce, shredded
* 1 large tomato(es), cut into 8 slices
* 2 Tbsp blue cheese, crumbled
Off heat, coat a grill or grill pan with cooking spray; preheat to medium-high.
In a small bowl, combine barbecue sauce and hot pepper sauce. In a medium bowl, combine chicken, 1 tablespoon of barbecue sauce mixture, scallion, celery, bread crumbs, garlic and salt. Using wet hands (to prevent mixture from sticking), form chicken mixture into four 1/2-inch-thick patties; brush top of burgers with some remaining barbecue sauce mixture.
Place burgers on grill, sauce side down; brush tops of burgers with remaining sauce. Grill, turning once, until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Lightly toast open-faced buns on grill during last minute of cooking.
To serve, place 4 bun bottoms on each of 4 plates. Top each with 1/2 cup of shredded lettuce, 2 tomato slices, a burger, 1/2 tablespoon of cheese and a bun top (cheese will melt a little from hot burger).
(Yields 1 burger per serving).
Note: If you like your food really spicy, give the lettuce and tomato a few shots of hot sauce.