* 1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix, baked as directed in 9 x 13 inch pan and left in pan
* 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
* 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
* 1 1/3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
* 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
* 1 tablespoon almond extract
* 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
* 1 (5 1/8 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding, prepared as directed
* 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
* chocolate sprinkles
* maraschino cherries
1. Mix cherry pie filling and almond extract.
2. While cake is still warm, poke top all over with fork and spread the cherry filling mixture all over the top.
3. When you prepare vanilla pudding, make it as directed on box, but add the vanilla extract to it with the milk.
4. Fold Cool Whip into pudding.
5. Spread pudding mixture over cake, covering the cherry pie filling.
6. Decorate with chocolate sprinkles and or cherries.
7. Chill until serving time.