Here's this weeks recent treat...(inspired from the recent Orange Cream Dream Recipe from earlier this week!)
Orange Cream Dream Cake
Serves - 12
* 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package lemon cake mix
* 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unsweetened orange drink mix
* 3 eggs
* 1 cup water
* 1/3 cup vegetable oil
* 2 (3 ounce) packages orange flavor gelatin, divided
* 1 cup boiling water
* 1 cup cold water
* 1 cup cold milk
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
* 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine cake and drink mixes, eggs, 1 cup water and oil; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
3. Pour into an ungreased 13-inch x 9-inch x 2-inch baking pan.
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. Using a fork, poke holes in the cake.
6. Let cool for 30 minutes.
7. In a bowl, dissolve 1 package of jello in boiling water; stir in cold water.
8. Pour over cake; cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
9. In a mixing bowl, combine milk, vanilla extract, vanilla pudding mix and remaining package of jello; beat on low for 2 minutes.
10. Let stand for 5 minutes.
11. Fold in whipped topping.
12. Frost cake.
13. Refrigerate leftovers.